SHEBOYGAN COUNTY INTERFAITH ORGANIZATION (SCIO) – POSITION DESCRIPTION
I. IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
Position Title: NOURISH Program Director
Program: NOURISH Farm to Family Philanthropy (www.nourishfarms.org)
Reports To: SCIO Executive Director and NOURISH Advisory Board
Office: Will function out of Lakeshore Technical College office space
Date: January 2011
Salary: $28,000 – 33,000 with no benefits
Starting Date: April 1, 2011
Application Deadline: February 4, 2011 – Resume and 3 references
Contact: Carrie Caselton Lowe, email@example.com, 920.918.0251
II. PRIMARY FUNCTION
To increase food justice and security in our community by collaborating among local farmers, culinary professionals and volunteers. NOURISH programs educate, inspire, and increase consumption of healthy foods through the sharing of meals and snacks inspired by fresh, local ingredients with struggling children and families who deserve to eat well.
III. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Maintains communication and coordination for Farm-to-Table Tours (tour participants, tour guides, shelters, and farms).
· Maintains communication and coordination for Snack Attack Tours (Boys and Girls Club, Snack Ambassadors, and farms).
· Takes a leadership role in Farm-to-School Initiative.
· Liaison to other community base non-profits and business leaders in promoting healthy local foods including, but not exclusive, summer lunch, community farms and local farmers markets.
· Cultivates relationship with Lakeshore Technical College, taking the lead role in communication, expectations, and partnership opportunities.
· Recruits, inspires and supervises volunteers and interns.
· Responsible for the production of informational materials, brochures, and program assessment statistics as needed for promotional and public relations uses.
· Ensures high quality programs through innovative program development, evaluations and on going training.
· Assists in grant writing and fundraising.
· Collaboration of and promotion for the program through public speaking, meetings, and other public events.
· Leads strategic planning for the future of the program.
· Create partnerships, maintain and build relationships that complement and advance the program.
· Reports to Advisory Board and SCIO Executive Director with formal written reports as well as attends Advisory Board meetings as requested.
IV. POSITION SPECIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
Skills, Knowledge, and/or Abilities
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Good Organizational Skills.
· Supervisory Skills
· Basic Computer Skills
· Passion for the mission
· Passion for Agriculture, Sustainable food Systems, Nutrition Education, and Food Security.
Education, Training and/or Experience
· Bachelors or Masters Degree in related field
· Demonstrates teamwork and leadership skills.
· Leadership and supervisory experience.
· Worked in and knowledge of grass root non-profit.
V. WORKING CONDITIONS
· Valid Wisconsin drivers license and required insurance coverage.
· Normal business hours 8:30am-5:00pm. Some evening and weekend hours required.
· More Intense Summer Hours.
· Background Check.
Supervisor: _____________________________ Date:
Executive Director: _______________________ Date: